Strikingly motivated, pack of enthusiasm, goal oriented and highly driven individual.
Post my graduation from London, I started working on my startup which was a payment gateway with a suite of other services. During this, I gained rich and varied skill in the field of IT, management, leadership, and many more.
Being an avid learner and a passionate facilitator, I have also been delivering training on AWS as an AWS Authorised Trainer.
When I'm not on the cloud, you would find me messing with some new tech or thinking hard at the pool.
DevOps Engineer @ Modus Create, USA
Apr 2020 - Present
- Singlehandedly migrated EKS clusters to the latest available version for stage and production environment with zero downtime
- Written shell & python script for GitLab CI/CD to maintain dynamic dev environment
- Carried out a cost analysis and reduced monthly AWS bill by nearly 40% by introducing Spot instances for dev environment and downsizing underutilised Elasticache & Aurora clusters
- Implemented RDS Proxy with IAM auth to securely and efficiently manage database connections
- Replaced instance-level IAM roles with pod level using K8s ServiceAccount to achieve least privilege access
- Hardened all EKS nodes by introducing CIS Level 1 AMI
- Introduced nginx Ingress for EKS clusters to replace AWS Load Balancer services
- Automated security patch on EKS nodes every weekend via AWS Systems Manager
- Implemented Prometheus and Grafana for K8s monitoring using Helm charts
- Setup Site-to-Site VPN connectivity for seamless on-prem connectivity
DevOps Engineer @ Toptal, USA
May 2020 - Present
AWS Authorised Instructor - Champion @ Trainocate, India
Mar 2020 - Present
Cloud Consultant & Trainer
Jan 2018 - Present
Cloud Lead @ Coditas, India
Oct 2018 - June 2020
- Automated infrastructure deployment of centralized logging framework which includes Kinesis Firehose, S3, SQS, SNS, ELK, API Gateway and Lambda using Terraform
- Implemented Jenkins in conjunction with AWS CodeDeploy to automate code deployment cycle
- Created Jenkins pipeline for automating deployment of containers on K8s
- Restricting user/service access to K8s cluster using custom RBAC ClusterRole/Role
- Written custom fine-grained IAM policies for restricted access to AWS services
- Implemented advanced monitoring using Sensu Core and Grafana
- Deployed secure bastion server which logs each and every activity of users
- Automated patching of Windows server with Important and Critical Updates during weekend using AWS Systems Manager
Remote Contractor @ Eximchain, Singapore
May 2018 - June 2018
- Worked on Golang, Terraform, Packer, Tencent Cloud, etc.
Founder @ Ezstrax.com
Feb 2016 - Dec 2017
- Successfully established and built a payment gateway company to help businesses collect e-payments with ease and without online presence.
- Managed all aspects of business from initial scoping to final testing and delivery, along with taking company to revenue stage.
- Designed & developed overall payment gateway application from scratch using Java.
- Deploying application on AWS keeping HA and Security in mind.
- Deployed WAF to protect against OWASP attacks.
- Used Terraform to manage AWS services like VPC, IAM, EC2, Security Groups, RDS, Load Balancers, Auto Scaling and Launch Configuration and others.
- Implemented CI/CD using CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline and GitHub.
MSc in Computer & Network Security
Middlesex University, London
2014 - 2015
Bachelor in Computer Application
MITSOM College, Pune
2011 - 2014
Took extra caution to make sure that everything is working fine. He suggested some real good ideas to save me cost on AWS too. Completed work on time.
Bhagwandas Paliwal - CTO @ propstory.com
Great learning experience.. Super supportive trainer and staff as well.. Makes learning experience awesome!!!!
Rohan Bukka - Consultant @ Allscripts
Thanks to Ievision and Vimal Paliwal (AWS Trainer) who really helped us providing a good knowledge on AWS and Cloud computing.
Prem Satuja - Team Lead @ Allscripts
Vimal demonstrated great expertise on AWS and flexibility in his engagement with us. Bringing a practical approach to bear, he has proactively advised us on optimally choosing the right components.
Abhishek Challa - Co-founder @ 0.5Bn FinHealth Pvt Ltd